[Dovecot] Synchronization error in NFS

Andy YB Hu ybhu at hk1.ibm.com
Fri Feb 10 05:12:17 EET 2012

OK.

One more question. Now, the director and backend server are running on  the
same servers, I set it up according to
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/RunningDovecot#Running_Multiple_Invocations_of_Dovecot
. The question is how to use doveadm to manage the different instances? I
know there is dovecot -c , but how about doveadm?

             Timo Sirainen
             <tss at iki.fi>
             dovecot-bounces at d         Dovecot Mailing List
             ovecot.org                <dovecot at dovecot.org>
                                                                        cc

             02/09/2012 08:55                                      Subject
             PM                        Re: [Dovecot] Synchronization error
                                       in NFS

             Please respond to
              Dovecot Mailing
                   List
             <dovecot at dovecot.
                   org>

On 9.2.2012, at 10.36, Andy YB Hu wrote:

> I just tried out the Director. One question is about the re-redirection.
> know director will redirect all the simultaneous requests from the same
> user to only a single server at the same time.  The question is how to
> manage the time period after last connection to re-decide to redirect
which
> machine?   director_user_expire? Look like not.
>
> I did one test, set director_user_expire = 1 min, then keep sending
> requests to the director in 2 min interval, the result is it keeps
redirect
> to the same back end server.

In normal operation the user is always redirected to the same server.
http://blog.dovecot.org/2010/05/new-director-service-in-v20-for-nfs.html
has some more details.

If you have enough connections, it shouldn't matter that the connections
aren't constantly going to random backends. In practice they get
distributed well enough.