[Dovecot] Problem with Postfix + Dovecot + MySQL + Squirrelmail

Sun Feb 12 13:33:11 EET 2012

On 2012-02-11 1:46 PM, Gustavo <clube03 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I study the wikki and the dovecot works. But when I try to send a mail
> using squirrel, I get this error on logs:
>
> Feb 11 18:41:55 jubileu postfix/smtpd[19522]: connect from
> localhost.localdomain[127.0.0.1]
> Feb 11 18:41:55 jubileu postfix/smtpd[19522]: warning:
> xsasl_cyrus_server_get_mechanism_list: no applicable SASL mechanisms
> Feb 11 18:41:55 jubileu postfix/smtpd[19522]: fatal: no SASL authentication
> mechanisms

Sorry, but this has nothing to do with dovecot, unless your intention is
to use dovecot-sasl with your postfix... it appears you are using
cyrus-sasl and postfix on your smtp server, that is where your problem lies.

Easiest would be to configure postfix to use dovecot-sasl:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/PostfixAndDovecotSASL

--

Best regards,

Charles