[Dovecot] Providing shared folders with multiple backend servers

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Jan 9 15:38:20 EET 2012

On 1/8/2012 3:07 PM, Sven Hartge wrote:

> Ah, I forgot: I _already_ have the mechanisms in place to statically
> redirect/route accesses for users to different backends, since some of
> the users are already redirected to a different mailsystem at another
> location of my university.

I assume you mean IMAP/POP connections, not SMTP.

> So using this mechanism to also redirect/route users internal to _my_
> location is no big deal.
>
> This is what got me into the idea of several independant backend
> storages without the need to share the _whole_ storage, but just the
> shared folders for some users.
>
> (Are my words making any sense? I got the feeling I'm writing German with
> English words and nobody is really understanding anything ...)

You're making perfect sense, and frankly, if not for the .de TLD in your
email address, I'd have thought you were an American.  Your written
English is probably better than mine, and it's my only language.  To be
fair to the Brits, I speak/write American English.  ;)

I'm guessing no one else has interest in this thread, or maybe simply
lost interest as the replies have been lengthy, and not wholly Dovecot
related.  I accept some blame for that.

--
Stan