[Dovecot] IMAP to Maildir Migration preserving UIDs?

Benny Pedersen me at junc.org
Sat Jan 28 00:05:57 EET 2012

On Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:31:20 -0500, Gedalya wrote:

> I'm facing the need to migrate from a proprietary IMAP server to
> Dovecot. The migration must be as smooth and transparent as possible.

setup dovecot and make it listen on 127.0.0.2 only, modify your current
to only listen on 127.0.0.1 this so you now can have 2 imap servers
running at the same time

next step is here

http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-migrate-mailboxes-between-imap-servers-with-imapsync

when all accounts is transfered, stop the old server, make dovecot
listen on any ip, done, it worked for me when i changed from
courier-imap to dovecot