[Dovecot] Capabilities of imapc

René Neumann lists at necoro.eu
Tue Jan 24 11:22:48 EET 2012

Hi *,

I can't find any decent information about the capabilities of imapc in
the planned future dovecot releases.

As I think about using imapc, I'll just give the two use-cases I see for
me. Will this be possible with imapc?

1) One (or more) folders in a mailbox which are proxied?
2) Proxy a whole mailbox _and use the folders in it as shared folders_.
That means account X on Server 1 (the dovecot box) is proxied via imapc
to Server 2 (some other server). The folders of this account on Server 1
are then shared with account Y. When account Y uses these folders they
are always up-to-date (so no action of account X is required).

The second use-case is just some (ugly) workaround in case the first one
is not possible.

Thanks,
René