[Dovecot] Director to keep redirecting users to the same server even after all sessions closed?

Mark Zealey mark.zealey at webfusion.com
Mon Jan 30 15:32:33 EET 2012

Hi there,

Just wondering how easy it would be to make the director continue to
send a user to the same server (assuming it's still in the pool) for say
90 seconds after they have last been active (ie lmtp or pop/imap)?
Basically we are working in quite a heavily cached environment so it
takes perhaps 60-90 seconds for our imap servers to properly flush to
our network storage meaning if the user got put on a different server in
that time we would see some issues. Presently we have fixed proxying,
but I'd really like to use the director if possible to allow us to more
easily add & remove servers.

Mark