[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 very slow when using IMAP - are there any tweaks?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 19:12:16 EEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 4:31 PM, Giles Coochey <giles at coochey.net> wrote:
> On 02/07/2012 16:22, Giles Coochey wrote:
>>
>> The size is in KB. I'm afraid cache-timeout and the inner workings
>> would be something only Timo or the Source Code know :-)
>>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/Caching
>
> the TTL setting is in seconds - perhaps what you are looking for?
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
> NetSecSpec Ltd
> +44 (0) 7983 877438
> http://www.netsecspec.co.uk
> giles.coochey at netsecspec.co.uk
>

> --
> Regards,
>
> Giles Coochey, CCNA, CCNAS
> NetSecSpec Ltd
> +44 (0) 7983 877438
> http://www.coochey.net
> http://www.netsecspec.co.uk
> giles at coochey.net

Giles,

what's really weird is that if I keep increasing the Cache TTL and
Cache size, the speed of transfer starts dropping.

Perhaps I haven't hit the sweet spot yet however,

running:

auth_cache_size = 160000 B
auth_cache_ttl = 8 hours

I am actually knocking off 4 seconds from half size values.

To be honest I just whish I could understand what is going on in order
to get the transfer sub-3 minutes!

Regards,

Kaya