[Dovecot] Outlook 2010 very slow when using IMAP - are there any tweaks?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 15:32:27 EEST 2012

On Tue, Jul 3, 2012 at 1:21 PM, J E Lyon
<role.Dovecot-Readers at jlassocs.com> wrote:
> On 3 Jul 2012, at 13:11, Kaya Saman wrote:
>
>> It is Maildir I am using, checked permissions - they're all ok. Yeah
>> would be cur.... When connecting to this, do I need to put something
>> like Inbox or INBOX as the mail root folder?
>>
>> I remember historically one needed to do that, however, with TBird one
>> doens't need to any more though you still can.....
>
> I'm sure the INBOX directory is created automatically for me, but I do have a script that sets up directories, permissions and I've taken care of SELinux issues in the past . . might be a red herring, was just mindful of the mention of INBOX -- does it work if you copy to another folder, or try to create a folder?

Creating folders is fine and copying seems fine however, with quirks.

>> Now to just get the Deleted Items working!
>
> Ah well, I joined the list originally because of a query about the Deleted Items . . On Outlook pre-2010, that was a major headache, there's a plugin but it's one of only ?two not bundled by default with Dovecot (CentOS servers here, so using the default RPMs from there) . .

It's strange I just deleted some stuff in the "Deleted Items' folder
through TBird which worked fine. However, previously nothing worked so
I had to clear the whole dir out by diving into the server's file
system and using rm -rf *

> I thought it was supposed to be better-behaved in 2010 thought . . . .
>

> J.

Regards,

Kaya