[Dovecot] ot: execute a script via email?

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Fri Jul 13 12:14:19 EEST 2012

> anyone has any tips what's best way to execute a script via email ?

use procmail - it's easy and actually works. you can do basically
everything with procmail.

This question is off topic, dovecot is not SMTP agent.

> I have a wget script that fetches some pages, and, emails me the output,
> there is no paramters passed, it's all in the script
> I'll like to email in and action the script to get the results email

use procmail and possibly formail to execute anything and optionally reply
the result

man procmailrc
man procmailex
man formail

make sure procmail is actually executed on your mail system. depends of
your MTA.