[Dovecot] postfix/sendmail configuration

Andrzej A. Filip andrzej.filip at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:32:20 EEST 2012

On 07/20/2012 05:31 PM, Gary Partis wrote:
> I have searched the net and cant find anything relating to this.
>
> In 15-lda.conf, the default sendmail is used to send messges from
> Dovecot, such as "out of hours" and "redirected" emails controlled by
> sieves.
>
> However, postfix/sendmail is looking in /etc/postfix/main.cf for the
> configuration file (as logged in /var/log/maillog), but I have the
> config file elsewhere, and I even have MAIL_CONFIG setup to point to
> the true config directory.
>
> Is there a method of setting 15-lda.conf sendmail config to ensure it
> uese the correct postfix config file?
Have you considered setting "sendmail_path" to your custom "sendmail
wrapper" script?
It should allow you to pass extra command line options to
sendmail/postfix [e.g. non standard location of the configuration file].

IMHO on long run docvecot configuration should support passing extra
command line parameters to sendmail  (e.g. via "sendmail_options").