[Dovecot] postfix/sendmail configuration

Gary Partis gary at partis.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 18:31:56 EEST 2012

Hi all

I have searched the net and cant find anything relating to this.

In 15-lda.conf, the default sendmail is used to send messges from
Dovecot, such as "out of hours" and "redirected" emails controlled by
sieves.

However, postfix/sendmail is looking in /etc/postfix/main.cf for the
configuration file (as logged in /var/log/maillog), but I have the
config file elsewhere, and I even have MAIL_CONFIG setup to point to the
true config directory.

Is there a method of setting 15-lda.conf sendmail config to ensure it
uese the correct postfix config file?

Thanks in advance

Gary