[Dovecot] Confusion when trying to set up a first postfix+dovecot mailserver

Hans J. Albertsson hans.j.albertsson at branneriet.se
Sun Jul 22 15:49:19 EEST 2012

Sorry, you're right: I was stressed out when writing this. I meant mkdir
.lkml  and mkdir .bugtraq and touch dovecot-shared.
Of course.

It is not the best example, I agree.

Still it should say something like "create the file dovecot-shared if
you want a shared mailbox named dovecot-shared" (can probably be
whittled down).

And, yes, if I can get thru setting up dovecot properly ( I know I can,
it will just take longer ) I will of course do a writeup in the style I
want to see myself.

When it comes to dovecot, I am a user (that IS a terribly derogative
term, isn't it?), but I have been actively supporting large farms of
servers running other forms of mail delivery agents in Sun's various
OSes since 1986 up to 2008, so I do think I ought to be able to get my
head around dovecot, too.

I will just have to read the wiki thru, all of it... :-)