[Dovecot] dovecot 2.x via xinetd

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Jul 23 15:11:25 EEST 2012

On 7/23/2012 6:52 AM, e-frog wrote:
> On 23.07.2012 13:23, wrote Stan Hoeppner:

>>> I use debian stock version, I'll check that and recompile if need be.
>>
>> Debian stable has Dovecot 1.2.15, and I don't see 2.x in backports.  Yet
>> you're discussing 2.x.  You must be using testing which has 2.1.7.  In
>> which case using the word "stock" isn't quite appropriate, as it implies
>> the stable branch.  You should have explicitly stated which branch
>> you're using to avoid confusion.
>>

> 2.1.7 is indeed in backports
>
> http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=dovecot&searchon=names&section=all&suite=squeeze-backports

Good catch e-frog.  I stand (partially) corrected.  Indeed it is in
backports.  I hadn't done an aptitude update for a while, though it
hasn't been more than a month, so this is very new.  Debian doesn't
provide a package inclusion date...

I say "partially" because Backports packages don't really fall under the
term "stock" either.

--
Stan