[Dovecot] Auto logging-out client

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Jul 27 16:08:22 EEST 2012

Am 27.07.2012 14:56, schrieb Nicolás:
> Yes, I've changed the config on the client too, but now I'm not 100% sure it's working well. I've just configured a
> client with SMTP port 587, but the line in the log shows still be using port 25:
>
> Jul 27 13:53:31 mail postfix/smtp[27598]: B16EF1008D0: to=<postfixtries at gmail.com>,
> relay=*devels.es[91.215.158.237]:25*, delay=0.7, delays=0.11/0.08/0.3/0.21, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 OK
> id=1Suk2y-0003P3-Tq)
>
> Is that the correct behavior? Any additional ideas of why could this problem be happening?

this line has NOTHING to do with the client or submission port

your POSTFIX is RELAYING a message to "devels.es" which is NEVER
submission because submission is for MUA's while 25 is for MTA's
and your log show that you have configured relay_host because
otherwise postfix would not relay mail to gmail.com over one
of your servers

you do not see the port a client connects to in maillog

finally: this is the wrong mailing-list
you have a POSTFIX problem and not one with dovecot!