[Dovecot] I changed the separator from . to / and it still seems to work.

Hans de Groot hansg at dandy.nl
Fri Jul 6 16:46:36 EEST 2012

Hello,

Just as an experiment I changed the separator from . to / restarted dovecot (v2.1.1).

When adding an existing account with lots of mail folders to thunderbird everything still seems to work.

My directory layout is like this:

.Info.mailinglists
.Info.mailinglists.Horde
.Info.mailinglists.modperl
.Info.mailinglists.PDNS
.Info.mailinglists.Sogo
.Info.mailinglists.tinc
.Info.mailinglists.Zabbix

I added a new folder to the horde mailing using thunderbird list and got an extra folder

.Info.mailinglists.Horde.testinhorde

Does this mean the separator has nothing to do with the . in the directory names and I am safe to switch saparators without having to do anything else?

Regards

Hans de Groot