[Dovecot] openbsd + dovecot not downloading emails

GVG GVG gvgter at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:35:42 EEST 2012

Dear list members,

first my doveconf -n output:

--------------
# 2.0.17 (684381041dc4+): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: OpenBSD 5.1 i386  ffs
mail_location = mbox:/var/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
mbox_write_locks = fcntl
mmap_disable = yes
passdb {
  driver = bsdauth
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/dovecotcert.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
protocol imap {
  imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail tb-extra-mailbox-sep tb-lsub-flags
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}

when using evolution from a remote linux machine, and try to download/fetch
the e-mails from my e-mail server, I get a pop-up window indicationg that
is trying to do so (after I did sign-in with my user-id and password!). The
problem is taht this process stays there forever and no messages get
downloaded!

Thanks for your help

Tim