[Dovecot] dovecot stats: useful data to gather

Christian Rohmann christian.rohmann at frittentheke.de
Sat Jun 2 17:57:50 EEST 2012

On 01.06.2012 22:58, Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> [...] I sat down and put together a list of stat items we think to be useful in daily
> dovecot usage.

Quite a list. But I believe most of those values are quite useful and I
would also love to see such a rich set of measurements being available.

> Besides pulling together all the data we also think it would be useful to have
> an SNMP interface to access the stats. Our offer to create and contribute a
> standalone web interface for dovecot stats stands.

Yes, I second that. Otherwise quite a few installation will just hook
the dovecot commands to netsnmp handlers, which is not a pretty solution.

Maybe dovecot could also do the SNMP for statistics that plugins
provide? I'm thinking managesieve access, sieve processing or expire here.

Regards

Christian