[Dovecot] dovecot stats: useful data to gather
daniel.parthey at informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Jun 3 03:10:49 EEST 2012
Patrick Ben Koetter wrote:
> following our discussion on dovecot stats at the LinuxTag 2012 my team and I
> sat down and put together a list of stat items we think to be useful in daily
> dovecot usage.
> Besides pulling together all the data we also think it would be useful to have
> an SNMP interface to access the stats. Our offer to create and contribute a
> standalone web interface for dovecot stats stands.
This should be done via SNMP subagent, but how could you differentiate
different dovecot instances on the same machine, different snmp ports
for the subagent, or different snmp trees?
> Here are the stats we believe to be useful:
Here are the stats which I also consider to be useful:
- Hits/Misses for Logins via userdb cache
- detailed memory usage of dovecot services (imap, worker, userdb cache)
- dovecot connections to mysql database
- dovecot connections to ldap
- director connections vs. backend connections
More information about the dovecot