[Dovecot] Import from Evolution

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl
Sat Jun 23 11:30:18 EEST 2012

>> kmail v.3 is barely usable, v4 is good.
>
> It looks like you don't like any of the email programs we've discussed.
> Which email programs do you like?

it depends whether you ask what I personally use or what i recommend to my
clients.

I personally use alpine exclusively. I don't like GUI interfaces. And i
use alpine directly handling maildir so it's not about IMAP. But if you
need mail client over IMAP - alpine can do this, but cannot cache.

mutt can cache if you like that program. i don't - in spite of much better
functionality. alpine have lowest keypress to amount of word done ratio of
any mail program i know.

For my clients it depends

- windoze: exclusively thunderbird. It's FAR FAR from perfect but still
best you can get under windoze.

- X11 terminal based config: well... it's funny but too thunderbird. All
QT based programs are useless with X11 over network. Thunderbird works
fine. I disable "folder synchronization" as well as indexing in it, so
it's acceptably fast. The need to connecting over localhost from account
X to account X to dovecot-imap is quite stupid but not a problem.

For now it is thunderbird 10.0.5esr - both windows and FreeBSD