[Dovecot] doveadm proxy kick in director setups

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jun 27 12:37:13 EEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-06-21 at 10:48 -0400, Tom Pawlowski wrote:
> Something I noticed on a 2.1.7 director test cluster (two directors,
> three backends): 'doveadm proxy kick user' will kick all connections
> for that user on that director only. Any additional connections on other
> directors will remain active unless the command is run on all directors.
>
> Are the proxy and director sub-commands intended to be separate and
> distinct in their operation? If so, then this makes sense, as a proxy
> isn't necessarily a director.

They are separate, yes.

> Are there any plans for a proxy kick equivalent that would work
> across directors?

With director it would be possible to kick all users that match the
user's 32bit hash. If there are hash collisions then it would kick also
other users..

Another possibility would be to create something that allows running the
same doveadm command in all directors, but ssh pretty much can do that
already. :)