[Dovecot] interesting stats pattern

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Jun 2 12:20:14 EEST 2012

On 29/05/2012 19:13, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 29.5.2012, at 21.03, Cor Bosman wrote:
>
>> es, I am getting a list of sessions/users every 5 minutes through cron. Im already using "doveadm stats dump session/user connected"
> Actually that's not really correct behavior either, since it ignores all the connections that happened during the 5 minutes if they don't exist at the time when you're asking for them. I'm not sure what the most correct way to do this kind of a graph would be :)

I muttered about some ideas for enhanced login/logout tracking some
months back.  Perhaps this would be another example of a motivation to
use it for something?  Could either the login scripting or a plugin be
used to build this type of login tracking?

(My goal is to eventually do per user "are you logged in" tracking)

Just a thought

Ed W