[Dovecot] sysconfdir depreacted

SATOH Fumiyasu fumiyas at osstech.jp
Sun Mar 25 15:17:36 EEST 2012

At Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:53:16 +0200,
Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >> So the only way I can think of how to change this is to add another
> >> option to optionally remove the dovecot/ suffix from the directory, but
> >> is this really worth the trouble?
> >
> > I would appreciate such option too. For large dedicated installations other
> > schemes than /etc/dovecot are common.
> >
> > See http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2009-January/036131.html
>
> Yes, I was also thinking about that, but it's about removing the dovecot/ suffix from other directories as well. That might be something worth doing (--without-package-suffix or something?).

OpenLDAP's (and smbldap-tools's) configure script has
--with-subdir option. This option defaults to "/openldap". (/smbldap-tools)

$ grep subdir configure.in build/top.mk
configure.in:dnl --with-subdir
configure.in:ldap_subdir="/openldap"
configure.in:AC_ARG_WITH(subdir,
configure.in:[  --with-subdir=DIR       change default subdirectory used for installs],
configure.in:   no) ldap_subdir=""
configure.in:           ldap_subdir="$withval"
configure.in:           ldap_subdir="/$withval"
configure.in:AC_SUBST(ldap_subdir)dnl
build/top.mk:ldap_subdir = @ldap_subdir@
build/top.mk:datadir = @datadir@$(ldap_subdir)
build/top.mk:moduledir = @libexecdir@$(ldap_subdir)