[Dovecot] IMAP to Maildir Migration preserving UIDs?

Gedalya gedalya at gedalya.net
Fri Mar 16 01:55:09 EET 2012

On 01/28/2012 12:45 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 27.1.2012, at 2.00, Gedalya wrote:
>
>> Starting program: /usr/bin/doveadm -o imapc_user=jedi at example.com -o imapc_password=**** backup -u jedi at example.com -R imapc:

>> mailbox_log_iter_open_next (iter=0x80cbd90) at mailbox-log.c:213
>> 213    mailbox-log.c: No such file or directory.
>>     in mailbox-log.c
> This crash is now fixed, so there's no need to give /tmp/imapc path anymore:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/7b94d1c8a6e7

Timo, we have a problem, somewhere between 2.1.rc7 and 2.1.1. Current
versions are putting the body of the last message in "Sent Items" in
place of every single email in INBOX.
In other words, for every email that sits in INBOX in the source, I get
a copy of the last email in "Sent Items" instead.
This happens for every account I try to migrate.
Very strange. I noticed this only now, and the last package I have left
in the local apt cache which still works is 2.1.rc7-0~auto+0.