[Dovecot] Enforcing Dovecot Quotas

Tim tcsmith1978 at googlemail.com
Thu May 10 00:39:17 EEST 2012

Thanks Leon

I changed my SQL to the following after trying a few combinations:

user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 as uid, 5000 as
gid,concat('maildir:bytes=',quota) as quota FROM virtual_mailbox WHERE
username = '%u'

It seems that Dovecot didn't understand the * backend for some reason
(even though it's mentioned in the documentation)

and my logs now seem to picking up on this

May 09 22:29:09 IMAP(test at example.com): Info: Effective uid=mailuser,
gid=mailgroup, home=(none)
May 09 22:29:09 IMAP(test at example.com): Info: Quota root: name=bytes=1
backend=maildir args=

But the address in question is still receiving mail - should I be doing
something additional to cease mail delivery?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

Tim <tcsmith1978 at googlemail.com>