[Dovecot] Enforcing Dovecot Quotas

Leon Meßner l.messner at physik.tu-berlin.de
Thu May 10 02:24:15 EEST 2012

On Wed, May 09, 2012 at 10:39:17PM +0100, Tim wrote:
> Thanks Leon
>
> I changed my SQL to the following after trying a few combinations:
>
> user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 as uid, 5000 as
> gid,concat('maildir:bytes=',quota) as quota FROM virtual_mailbox WHERE
> username = '%u'

Try the above but with quota changed to quota_rule:

user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 as uid, 5000 as
gid,maildir:bytes=1 as quota_rule FROM virtual_mailbox WHERE
username = '%u'

And also have at least something like

plugin {
quota = maildir:User quota
}

You could also do

plugin {
quota = maildir:User quota
quota_rule = *:storage=1
}

to have the quota_rule fixed in dovecot.conf and then only

user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 as uid, 5000 as
gid FROM virtual_mailbox WHERE username = '%u'

as query.

I don't have my users in mysql though so other will probably have more
insights.

HTH,
Leon