[Dovecot] doveadm not working

Christian Rößner c at roessner-network-solutions.com
Mon May 14 18:51:59 EEST 2012

>> May 13 13:03:20 mx0 dovecot: auth: Error: auth worker: Aborted request: Lookup timed out
>> May 13 13:03:21 mx0 dovecot: auth-worker(26753): Error: LDAP: ldap_start_tls_s() failed: Connect error
>> May 13 13:03:21 mx0 dovecot: auth-worker(26753): Error: LDAP: ldap_start_tls_s() failed: Can't contact LDAP server
>>
>> Dovecot itself works. Only doveadm does not.
>
> User iteration is done via auth-worker process, because it can take a
> long time. Regular passdb/userdb lookups are done via auth process,
> because they are fast. So:
>
>> service auth-worker {
>>  unix_listener auth-worker {
>>    user = vmail
>>  }
>>  user = vmail
>> }
>> service auth {
>>  extra_groups = ssl-cert
>>  unix_listener auth-userdb {
>>    mode = 0600
>>    user = vmail
>>  }
>>  user = vmail
>> }
>
> I guess you need to add extra_groups=ssl-cert to auth-worker as well.

Unfortunately I already tested this (and also once again after your answer). Changed the setting, stopped dovecot and restart it. After that doing doveadm qutoa get -A stalls.

What I do not understand is that I can not see any connection attempts to the LDAP servers. If it had problems with the certificates I would expect to see the connection and then a failure in the starttls process.

I alos did chmod o+rx to the folder /etc/ssl/private and also to the private key. So I think it has nothing to do with the privileges of the certificates, does it?

-Christian Rößner

---
Roessner-Network-Solutions
Bachelor of Science Informatik