[Dovecot] doveadm not working

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon May 14 19:36:10 EEST 2012

On Mon, 2012-05-14 at 17:51 +0200, Christian Rößner wrote:
> Unfortunately I already tested this (and also once again after your
> answer). Changed the setting, stopped dovecot and restart it. After
> that doing doveadm qutoa get -A stalls.
>
> What I do not understand is that I can not see any connection attempts
> to the LDAP servers. If it had problems with the certificates I would
> expect to see the connection and then a failure in the starttls
> process.
>
> I alos did chmod o+rx to the folder /etc/ssl/private and also to the
> private key. So I think it has nothing to do with the privileges of
> the certificates, does it?

I don't know how OpenLDAP works internally. Does it still log about
ldap_start_tls_s() failing? Try if increasing OpenLDAP's logging in
dovecot-ldap.conf.ext works:

# LDAP library debug level as specified by LDAP_DEBUG_* in ldap_log.h.
# -1 = everything. You may need to recompile OpenLDAP with debugging enabled
# to get enough output.
#debug_level = 0

Also make sure that the auth and auth-worker processes have the same
permissions:

doveconf service/auth > a
doveconf service/auth-worker > b
diff -u a b