[Dovecot] How to make Dovecot verbous

Ken Stevenson ken at allenmyland.com
Wed May 16 16:31:34 EEST 2012

With regard to your original problem, it sounds like you don't have
mysql support compiled into Dovecot (--with-mysql option). Not sure what
the logging problem is. I've debugged authentication using just
auth_debug_passwords=yes, but I didn't enable separate log files so the
messages were in maillog.