[Dovecot] How to make Dovecot verbous

Frank Walter francwalter at gmx.net
Wed May 16 16:40:49 EEST 2012

I found the logfile problem:

it was an error in 10-logging.conf

auth_verbose_passwords = yes

this gives an error and all the logging settings are not working.
I found it with:

doveadm log find

Now dovecot logs into the given logfiles.
but really not much, still the same information only.

I read there:

May 16 15:24:16 auth: Fatal: Unknown database driver 'mysql'
May 16 15:24:16 master: Error: service(auth): command startup failed, throttling

But I have the mysql driver, when checking:

root at myserver:# dovecot --build-options | tail -n4
Mail storages: shared mdbox sdbox maildir mbox cydir raw
--> SQL driver plugins:  --> mysql postgresql sqlite
Passdb: checkpassword ldap pam passwd passwd-file shadow sql
Userdb: checkpassword ldap(plugin) nss passwd prefetch passwd-file sql

Anyway I didn't compile it myself, I installed it with aptitude on ubuntu 12.04.
Must be with mysql.