[Dovecot] BEWARE: This list is being harvested for leads

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu May 17 17:24:05 EEST 2012

Am 17.05.2012 16:20, schrieb dovecot-20120517 at billmail.scconsult.com:
> On 17 May 2012, at 9:46, Charles Marcus wrote:
>
>> On 2012-05-17 9:38 AM, Bill Cole <dovecot-20110531 at billmail.scconsult.com> wrote:
>>> A spammer claiming to be '"Tim Saarela" <tim.saarela at dovecot.fi>' is
>>> sending out a pitch for "Enterprise Level Support" for Dovecot. The
>>> address of mine which he hit is only ever used for this mailing list, so
>>> it is clear that whatever the mechanism, this list is being harvested
>>> for commercial leads.
>>
>> Chill, Bill...
>>
>> Tim is working closely with Timo, and I'm sure got Timo's permission to send that email to list subscribers.
>
> I subscribed to the Dovecot Users mailing list, not "Whatever spam Timo thinks is justifiable."

well, but what is exactly your problem with people offering professional
support for dovecot which is ON-TOPIC if this are not 20 mails each day?

nothing better than have free opensource AND get informations where
you can retrieve professional support if you are in trouble and have
no time to post to the list and HOPE someone has an answer for you?