[Dovecot] BEWARE: you might be supporting the lists owner!!

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Sat May 19 05:24:29 EEST 2012

On Sat, 2012-05-19 at 09:43 +0800, Oon-Ee Ng wrote:

> Almost every commercial product I know off does send unsolicited email.

Indeed, its why DNSBL's were developed

> There's a delete or report spam button/shortcut key for that. If it helps
> some other users, and more importantly the dovecot project, i'm not too
> bothered with that little inconvenience. The world doesn't revolve around
> my convenience....

But every bit of spam would help someone depending on who that person
is, maybe a tiny minute percentage, and thats why they keep doing it,
but it does not justify the action to the masses.

After all, spammers see it as promoting/marketing, they never call what
they are doing, spamming.