[Dovecot] Berkeley DB with Dovecot

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sun May 20 18:13:45 EEST 2012

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 08:11:33AM -0400, Jerry wrote:
> On Sun, 20 May 2012 06:35:46 -0500 Stan Hoeppner articulated:
> >On 5/20/2012 6:19 AM, Jerry wrote:
> >> seems like it could potentially be a very useful feature. I have
> >> used it myself when a full blown MySQL configuration seemed like
> >> over-kill on other small projects.
> >
> >SQLite is the appropriate solution for this scenario.
>
> Requires loading another application when it is not necessary.

What application in particular? SQLite is a file format, not a
daemon. Both Dovecot and Postfix support it well (in the latter case,
use at least 2.8.9 or 2.9 due to a bug.)

sqlite3(1) is the console client for SQLite. You can use that or any
other SQLite client to maintain your database file.

My own sordid SQLite mail server howto is linked at the .sig site.