[Dovecot] dovecot report W value error and Corrupted index cache file

甄东宇 zdy0818 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 08:39:43 EEST 2012

Hello everybody,

I have a problem and no idea.

Yesterday Dovecot.log report:

Warning: Fixed a duplicate:

Now Dovecot.log report:

         Error: FETCH [ ] for mailbox INBOX UID 10546 got too little data:
79850 vs 81231

         Error: Maildir filename has wrong W value:
/opt/DIR/DOMAIN/USER/cur/1281317869.M*.*,S=79569,W=81231:2,S~

         Error: Corrupted index cache file
/opt/DIR/DOMAIN/USER/dovecot.index.cache: Broken virtual size for mail UID
10546

         A few days ago, we used a new machine for mail server (and we used
maildir format with dovecot-1.2.0).In fact ,we used iRedmail on CentOS5.

         And last week, I copy some mail data from old machine to new one
through SCP and CP command. It worked well.

Yesterday, I copy the mail data from old machine to new one through RSYNC.
I guess maybe the errors have a relationship with rsync, because the new
machine open SELinux and the rsync data error. Although the files were
copyed to /cur directory , it seemed to appear the same mail file.

         Now,I receive some BLANK mails by pop3 of OutLook2007 . There are
not any Header and any Body( Totally BLANK). Outlook show they are 760B
size.

         I am confusing for this problem. Please help me. Thank you.