[Dovecot] Berkeley DB with Dovecot

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun May 20 14:19:07 EEST 2012

I have a friend who is preparing to set up a small Postfix/Dovecot mail
system. There are only approximately 25 users. He wants to use Berkeley
DB in a similar fashion to the way Postfix does. I told him I do not
believe Dovecot supports that. I could not find any documentation
relating to it.

1) Does Dovecot support Berkeley DB?

2) Are their any plans to incorporate that feature into Dovecot? It
seems like it could potentially be a very useful feature. I have used
it myself when a full blown MySQL configuration seemed like over-kill
on other small projects.

--
Jerry ♔