[Dovecot] IPhone wont delete IMAP messages from dovecot mailbox

tibby at tibby.hu tibby at tibby.hu
Wed Nov 14 17:16:20 EET 2012

On 2012-11-14 16:08, Robert Schetterer wrote:
> Am 14.11.2012 15:55, schrieb tibby at tibby.hu:

>>> I've seen this. Fixed it for my device by changing the settings on
>>> the Ipad, and then changing them back. Seems the local trash folder
>>> is
>>> not created automatically on iOS.
>>
>> But I dont want to use the IOS trash folder. I want the phone to use
>> the
>> trash on the mail server.
>>

> looks like iphone is special ( why i dont wonder... )
>

> http://support.ecenica.com/email/troubleshooting-draft-trash-folders-iphone/
>
> some config may also conflict with "archive" settings on iphone,
> as ever ,behave may also different in different versions,
> at all ,nothing direct dovecot related  , i am not up2date with apple
> stuff , isnt there a better imap mail client in there app store ?
>

> Best Regards
> MfG Robert Schetterer

With the iPhone there is this guide.
If I set imap prefix path to INBOX from / as it says, then works fine.
What do I need to configure to get this working with / by default? I
Think this would solve the problem.
http://www.netchimp.co.uk/webdesign/iphone-ipad-macbook-mac/iphone-unable-to-move-message-to-trash-imap/