[Dovecot] Proxy to join two accounts

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 23 09:24:08 EET 2012

On 21.11.2012, at 12.15, Tomek wrote:

> I have server with IMAP on dovecot for user mails and second server on archiveopteryx as mail archive.
>
> I'm wondering if it's possible to make some sort of proxy to these two servers in way where:
> - dovecot server will be main IMAP service with INBOX, etc
> - I want archiveopteryx account to be something like shared folder with read only access (no delete, no move, etc) in path ex. /archive/user.name
> - this proxy mappings should allow adding few archive accounts to one user (in case of people replacement)
> + it will be cool if this mappings could be defined in database so I could write tools to manage archive access for bosses.
>
> Is such case possible to achieve with dovecot (any howto or example would be very helpful)? If not - do you know any proxy tools that could allow such configuration?

You should be able to implement something like that by creating a new namespace with location=imapc:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/HowTo/ImapcProxy and http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Migration/Dsync have some information about the imapc settings.

ACLs are a bit more difficult though, since currently there aren't any "default ACLs".