[Dovecot] Proxy to join two accounts

Tomek timor at o2.pl
Wed Nov 21 12:15:31 EET 2012

Hello,

I have server with IMAP on dovecot for user mails and second server on
archiveopteryx as mail archive.

I'm wondering if it's possible to make some sort of proxy to these two
servers in way where:
- dovecot server will be main IMAP service with INBOX, etc
- I want archiveopteryx account to be something like shared folder with
read only access (no delete, no move, etc) in path ex. /archive/user.name
- this proxy mappings should allow adding few archive accounts to one
user (in case of people replacement)
  + it will be cool if this mappings could be defined in database so I
could write tools to manage archive access for bosses.

Is such case possible to achieve with dovecot (any howto or example
would be very helpful)? If not - do you know any proxy tools that could
allow such configuration?

Thanks for any help.

Regards,
Tomek.