[Dovecot] Default fallback behaviour

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:53:26 EET 2012

On Fri, 23 Nov 2012 12:20:23 +0100
Alessio Cecchi wrote:

> Il 23/11/2012 08:46, Nikita Koshikov ha scritto:
> > Hello list,
> >
> > Here is the problem:
> > I have few:
> > passdb {
> > }
> > passdb {
> > }
> > And relative userdb sections. If user not found in 1) section it fallbacks
> > to next one - it's expected and right, IMHO. But when the user exists in
> > both section and password verification fails on 1) database it successfully
> > authenticated on next one. I think this behaviour should be configured. The
> > main goal of 1) section for this server is to overwrite users in main
> > (section2) database.
> >
> > Maybe I missed something and this option is already in dovecot code and I
> > can't find it ? Or if not - will it be added in the future ?
> >
> > Dovecot version 2.1.10.
> >

> You can enable this features by adding "deny=yes" in the passdb
> extra_fields of specific users.
>
> You can find more information here:
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/PasswdFile ot you can use the
> "auth-deny.conf.ext" example configuration.
>
> Ciao

Maybe I was not so clear - but this is not what I'm searching for.
deny=yes will deny user in corresponding database - I want - allow user to login, if and only if, users password matches and if it fail(in current passdb) - not trying next passdb for checking his password, even if user exists in the next database.