[Dovecot] Default fallback behaviour

Alessio Cecchi alessio at skye.it
Fri Nov 23 13:20:23 EET 2012

Il 23/11/2012 08:46, Nikita Koshikov ha scritto:
> Hello list,
>
> Here is the problem:
> I have few:
> passdb {
> }
> passdb {
> }
> And relative userdb sections. If user not found in 1) section it fallbacks
> to next one - it's expected and right, IMHO. But when the user exists in
> both section and password verification fails on 1) database it successfully
> authenticated on next one. I think this behaviour should be configured. The
> main goal of 1) section for this server is to overwrite users in main
> (section2) database.
>
> Maybe I missed something and this option is already in dovecot code and I
> can't find it ? Or if not - will it be added in the future ?
>
> Dovecot version 2.1.10.

You can enable this features by adding "deny=yes" in the passdb
extra_fields of specific users.

You can find more information here:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/PasswdFile ot you can use the
"auth-deny.conf.ext" example configuration.

Ciao

--
Alessio Cecchi is:
@ ILS -> http://www.linux.it/~alessice/