[Dovecot] Missing Messages on IOS device

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed Nov 28 07:49:55 EET 2012

On 11/27/2012 9:21 PM, David Morsberger wrote:
> Resending because I didn't get any responses from my first post:
>
> I just converted my old server running UW/Panda to a Mac Mini Server running Mountain Lion (ML) Server. I'm using the postfix / dovecot setup provided by Apple.
>
> My IMAP clients are not showing all my emails. The Mail App on my iPhone and iPad is behaving the worse. I can see the emails that are not showing up in the cur directory.
>
> The ML Mail App is stating there are 3854 emails in my INBOX. There are 3948 files in the 'cur' directory ('ls cur | wc -l' returns 3948). Other mailboxes and directories have the same behavior. I'm not sure what to expect here.
>
> My method of conversion was to bulk copy (drag and drop) all the messages from one the UW server to the Dovecot server using the Apple Desktop Mail App in Mountain Lion.
>
> Any idea why these messages are not showing up on my devices and how I can get them to show up?

Not really.  Problem reports are typically accompanied by errors in log
files.  You've provided none.  You've provided only subjective
observation which is rarely useful in troubleshooting.  If you provide
some Dovecot logging related to the problem we may be able to help.
Short of that we can only make wild ass guesses.

Are your clients subscribing all IMAP folders?  Are your clients
checking all folders for new mail?

--
Stan