[Dovecot] pop3 exim4 dovecot

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Thu Nov 8 09:48:46 EET 2012

Hi,

I have an exim4 and dovecot system. The system has multiple accounts.
Exim4 is receiving emails in the /var/mail/user files and dovecot is
configured to use /home/user/mail (mbox) folder.

I have one account that dovecot is not processing replies/bounces/etc...
The data is being written in the /var/mail/user file by exim4 but as far
as dovecot is aware there is nothing in the pop3 inbox.

Can anyone suggest how I can enable dovecot to know that the data is in
the /var/mail/user file and deliver it to the pop3 inbox for this account?

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd