[Dovecot] Default fallback behaviour

Nikita Koshikov koshikov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 09:46:35 EET 2012

Hello list,

Here is the problem:
I have few:
passdb {
}
passdb {
}
And relative userdb sections. If user not found in 1) section it fallbacks
to next one - it's expected and right, IMHO. But when the user exists in
both section and password verification fails on 1) database it successfully
authenticated on next one. I think this behaviour should be configured. The
main goal of 1) section for this server is to overwrite users in main
(section2) database.

Maybe I missed something and this option is already in dovecot code and I
can't find it ? Or if not - will it be added in the future ?

Dovecot version 2.1.10.