[Dovecot] Master User Question

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Mon Oct 8 21:26:14 EEST 2012

Am 08.10.2012 20:09, schrieb Marc Perkel:
> OK - I'm trying to do weird stuff so rather not answer why I'm doing this.
>
> Trying to log in using a master user:
>
> user at example.com*master at master.com
>
> When debugging the master authenticates - but then it tries to
> authenticate user at example.com and it's not found. And - it is true that
> the user doesn't actually exist.
>
> What I want to do is allow it to log in without checking if the user
> exists, just on the credentials of the master.

i dont understand why login should work with masteruser to user , when
user does not exist, would you like to get the user created on the fly
by masteruser login etc ?

> I'm not quite understanding what the login attempt for user at example.com
> is trying to do. Is it looking for more necessary information?
>
> Hope I asked this clearly enough. Thanks in advance.

you may manipulate your master query in some magic way

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Authentication/MasterUsers
--
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer