[Dovecot] Shared Squat index for public mailboxes

Frerich Raabe raabe at froglogic.com
Thu Oct 11 23:38:51 EEST 2012

Am 11.10.2012 um 22:10 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 10.10.2012, at 11.06, Frerich Raabe wrote:
>> I already use this; as I mentioned, the index files of the public readonly mailbox is stored per-user so that each user has his own set of \Seen flags. Here's my public namespace:
>>
>> namespace public {
>> separator = /
>> prefix = Lists/
>> location = maildir:/home/vmail/lists/Maildir:CONTROL=~/Maildir/lists:INDEX=~/Maildir/lists
>> subscriptions = no
>> }
>>
>> Alas, this means that *all* index files (including the Squat index) is stored per-user whereas I'd just to have just *some* of them per-user. :-)
>
> You'll need v2.2 and its INDEXPVT setting.

Hm, you mean the feature introduced by http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.2/rev/dbd42f7198eb ? Is there some discussion of the feature somewhere?

The commit log is a bit unclear to me, it says 'Per-user flags can now be stored in private index files.' however http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SharedMailboxes/Public says 'By making each user have their own private index files, you can make the \Seen flag private for the users.' (using the INDEX setting).

Makes me wonder - the Wiki talks about 'private index files' when talking about 'INDEX' and the commit says 'private index files' talking about INDEXPVT - what is the difference? :-)

Frerich Raabe - raabe at froglogic.com
www.froglogic.com - Multi-Platform GUI Testing