[Dovecot] imap proxy setup - "killed with signal 11"

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 12 10:39:07 EEST 2012

On 11.10.2012, at 20.35, btb wrote:

> i'm setting up an imap proxy in front of a novell groupwise server.  it seems to so far be partially working, but dovecot is having trouble in certain cases.  i expect that it's ultimately due to what i believe is a very poor implementation of imap provided by groupwise [at least based on other experiences in the past] - but that's a big part of why i'd like to have dovecot in between it and clients.
>
> os is ubuntu 12.10 development/beta, dovecot is 2.1.7 courtesy of ubuntu's packages.

There have been a couple of imapc fixes since v2.1.7. It's possible that the crash is fixed by one of them.

> Oct 11 13:24:52 halo dovecot: imap(jdoe): Error: imapc: Mailbox 'Trash' state corrupted: Expunged message reappeared in session (uid=6282 < next_uid=6283)

Could you get imapc rawlogs where this happens? Point imapc_rawlog_dir setting to some directory.

> #0  0x0000000000000000 in ?? ()
> No symbol table info available.
> #1  0x00007fc7f6cb611e in imap_parser_reset (parser=0x7fc7f8a0f3a0) at imap-parser.c:93
> No locals.
> #2  0x00007fc7f6f7ada7 in imapc_connection_input_reset (conn=conn at entry=0x7fc7f8a0d270) at imapc-connection.c:664
> No locals.
> #3  0x00007fc7f6f7c6f4 in imapc_connection_input_untagged (conn=conn at entry=0x7fc7f8a0d270) at imapc-connection.c:908

This backtrace unfortunately doesn't make it very clear what the problem is. I'd guess it's trying to use already freed memory (one such bug was already fixed).