[Dovecot] per-user quotas

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:40:11 EEST 2012

Hello,

I've got quotas set up on an all-user basis on my system, it's a
Postfix, Dovecot, Mysql virtual users setup. Currently I have each
user getting a 1GB quota with these settings in 90-quota.conf:

plugin {
  quota_rule = *:storage=1G
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+100M
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir:User quota
}

While this works it's not what I want for all users. Say I add a
virtual user called user1 to the mysql database but he's a test user
and I only want that user to have 25 megabytes of storage, reading the
wiki on quotas per-user items such as for example in a database
overrides the global items above, is this right?

If so, I'm hoping I'm not going to have to redo my entire user
database, some users will have per-user quotas while I'll let others
have the global quota.

Thanks.
Dave.