[Dovecot] Per user quotas

David Travers david.travers at cohenschemist.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 10:42:06 EEST 2012

Hi Jake,

Yep, similar to what I had been trying, but it doesn't seem to be working.

In my /etc/passwd file I had the line:-
dave:x:1000:1000:David Travers,,,:/home/dave:/bin/bash

I have changed it to show:-
dave:x:1000:1000:David Travers,,,:/home/dave:/bin/bash:userdb_quota_rule=*:storage=100M

Do I have to put the " userdb_mail=mbox:~/mail " in as well as that is specified already in Dovecot?

Is there anything I need to do once specifying this in the passwd file as the quota limit is not being shown as changed in Open Xchange

Also yes, I noticed the numbering and have corrected.

Thanks for your quick reply.

Dave