[Dovecot] Per user quotas

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Wed Oct 17 16:44:38 EEST 2012

My recommendation is that you use Passwd-file instead of Passwd and
specify /etc/passwd. I mention this, as Passwd can use NSS and may not
give you the results you want. Passwd-file will guarantee you use the
/etc/passwd file. Also, I'm not as familiar with v1.x, but I know in
v2.1.10, a userdb lookup doesn't use the userdb_ prefix. So you can try
it with and without that prefix. userdb_ prefix on v2 is for cases where
you do a prefetch on the passdb.

I hope this helps. I've been using Passwd-file only for proxy settings
and ldap for my backends to handle quota.

Jack