[Dovecot] lmtp proxy logging

Thu Oct 18 14:22:35 EEST 2012

On 2012-10-18 12:07 AM, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> I'm planning to implement SMTP submission server and it should share the code with LMTP. (Also I've already written a completely separate tiny SMTP server implementation, which should be merged with both of those. So I guess it needs to become a bit more generic lib-smtp-server.)

Hey Timo,

I hope this means what it sounds like it means...

Can you confirm that this 'submission server' would support the ability
to automatically add a copy of all emails sent using it to the
designated 'Sent' folder, so that email clients could simply disable the
'Save a copy to Sent folder' feature (that causes the client to upload
the message to the server twice, once to send the message, and again to
save the Sent copy)?

This is one feature of gmail that I simply love...

Thanks as always,

--

Best regards,

Charles