[Dovecot] still having difficulties with per-user quotas

David Mehler dave.mehler at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 20:06:59 EEST 2012

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Adding mail_uid and mail_gid fixed it. I now
have quotas going but I don't know if I have them right or just don't
like my setup.

My first issue is from what it is looking like I have to define all my
users in the quota database not just the ones whose values I want to
override the global quota declaration in 90-quota.conf. If I just add
the user at domain to the database the bytes and messages columns have
zero as default, this means those values override global quota in
90-quota.conf and they effectively have unlimited access.

My second issue is I have entered a quota of 250 megabytes for a test
user. This works but he seems to get more space everytime he logs in,
started out at 250, on the next login it was 255, then 269 on the
third, and so forth. I've checked the quota table and yes the value in
the bytes column is increasing.

Thanks for any help.

Dave.